Who will be the winner?


In quarter-final, Maria Sharapova meets Justine Henin who has seven Grand Slam titles at Melbourne Park. The fans will be in for another exciting night of tennis on Day 9.

Last met in the Tour Championships final in Madrid, with the Belgian emerging victorious from a match which lasted three hours and 24 minutes, the longest in the Open era.

Both players enter this match in impeccable form. Henin has won 33 matches on end since being beaten in the semi-finals of Wimbledon last year, while Sharapova has dropped just 16 games in her four matches this campaign.

Henin is a rare breed in the women's game. The owner of the most beautiful one-handed backhand on the tour, Henin, like Martina Hingis before her, prefers precision over power.

Maria said "Physically she got me in the end. She was fresher than I was in the end. But it was a good match,"

"And I still had many chances, you know. I was very close to winning that match. But this one's a new one. I'm looking forward to it."

"I don't play the same tennis as the other girls. They're hitting the ball very hard. I just try to use different things. I try to mix it up a little bit more," said the Belgian world No.1.

"I can be powerful when I want. I'm not scared of the long rallies or of the girls hitting the ball hard because I know I can do it myself. But I can change the rhythms, can use different things."

The winner from this match will meet either Jelena Jankovic or defending champion Serena Williams.

The fan of tennis queen Maria Sharapova believe that she can defeat The No. 1. Though last eight matchs between them, Maria defeated. But this is tough match. Nobody can say that who will be winner.

Last tournament, she could not win the title. She has only two grand slam titles that are Wimbledon and US Open. She wants to add one more title this time cause she has more confident than other time. Last time she was runner up but who wants to be runner up. Every one wants to be champion.




This time Maria has confident she can beat Henin.

The whole tennis world is now eagerly waiting for the match between Maria and Henin.

Who says, this time Maria will be the achieve Australian Open for her Trophy Case?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds